Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Meet Mrs. Geene


Originally from Cleveland, OH, I moved to New Jersey in June 2008. I taught music (K-5) for 14 years in the Youngstown, OH area at Springfield Elementary School and fourth/fifth grade general music/chorus at Lafayette School in Chatham, NJ. I have a Bachelor of Music degree from Ohio State University and a Master of Music degree from Youngstown State University. I also have National Board Certification in Early/Middle Childhood Music, Orff-Schulwerk Levels I & II, World Music Drumming Level 1, and Level One iTheatrics Certification. My husband and I live in Tinton Falls with our two cats Sammie and Delilah. I sing and play the flute and piano; when I lived in Ohio I played flute/piccolo in the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra and the Warren Chamber Orchestra. I also had a job playing in an orchestra at Walt Disney World in Florida and have performed with such artists as Henry Mancini, John Williams, Rosemary Clooney, Maureen McGovern, Della Reese, Michael Feinstein, and Billy Taylor. My favorite composer is Ludwig van Beethoven and I am a big fan of Elvis Presley. My hobbies include boating, reading, Zumba, scrapbooking, gardening, and cooking. I am very happy to be in my twenty-ninth year of teaching music, my thirteenth year at Ranney School!